Your pancakes... duuuuh.
Cuz it's National Pancake Day of course!!
Pancakes are pretty much one of my favorite things to make AND eat.. so today is extra special to me!
Cinnamon Roll Pancakes...
Yes you can thank me later.
(makes about 8-10)
1 cup all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup buttermilk
1 Tablespoon canola oil
1 large egg, lightly beaten
(or use the pancake recipe from Bisquick)
1/2 cup butter, melted
3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
1-1 1/2 Tablespoon ground cinnamon
CREAM CHEESE GLAZE:
6 Tablespoons butter
2 ounces cream cheese
1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Prepare pancake batter: In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt.
2. Whisk in milk, oil and egg, just until batter is moistened (will be a bit lumpy.. that's OK) .
3. In another medium bowl, mix butter, brown sugar and cinnamon.
4.Pour filling into a pastry bag with a small tip .. should be about toothpaste consistency.
5. In a medium, microwave-safe bowl- heat butter and cream cheese until melted, stir until smooth.
6.whisk in powdered sugar and vanilla extract; set aside.
7. Heat large skillet over medium-low heat. Spray with nonstick spray.
8.Scoop about 3/4 cup batter onto the skillet. When pancake has started to cook a little, swirl in the cinnamon filling. When bubbles begin to appear on the surface, flip carefully with a thin spatula, and cook until browned on the underside, 1 to 2 minutes more.
9. Transfer to a baking sheet or platter and keep in a warm oven until ready to serve.
10. When ready to serve, spoon warmed glaze onto the top of each pancake.
Source: 'Diva'ized' from RecipeGirl.com
You Love it.
*Signin off with pancake-y kisses*