Don't tell me it's not marked on your calendar!!
Me... i LOVE a grilled cheese... and it doesn't matter what kinda cheese or what kinda bread or what kinda delish-ious filllings i add... they are always good!!
the grilled cheese has to be one of the ultimate comfort foods... loved by kids and adults everywhere!!
Here are some of MY abso favo queso recipes.... go to THE DECADENT DIVA FACEBOOK PAGE and let me know what YOUR favorite way to enjoy this goodness is...
1. Goud-ness Gracious!!
(recipe and pic adapted from yumsugar.com)
4 slices oat nut bread (my fave)
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons of sweet mustard
4 slices of ham, whichever you kind you like
1/2 of either a granny smith apple or a fuji apple, cut into thin slices
8 slices of smoked gouda cheese
1. Preheat panini press, preheat the oven to 350°F and place a cast-iron skillet inside the oven to warm for 5-10 minutes. or heat a griddle to medium high heat on the stove.
2. Spread two slices of bread with butter and the other two slices with mustard.
3. On each butter coated slice, place two slices of ham, half the apple slices, and four slices of gouda. Cover with the mustard-coated slice.
4. Cook the sandwiches for 5-10 minutes, until cheese is melted and bread is lightly browned.
2. Grilled Mac and Cheese with BBQ Pork
(Recipe and pic adapted from paninihappy.com)
4 tablespoons butter, divided
4 cups prepared macaroni and cheese, warmed
2 onions, thinly sliced
Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
1 cup barbecue sauce
2 cups prepared pulled pork
8 slices sourdough bread
12 slices sharp cheddar cheese
1. Spread the macaroni and cheese in an 8-inch-square baking dish to about 3/4 inch thick. Cover with plastic wrap and chill until firm, about 45 minutes. 2. Cut the macaroni and cheese into squares that are slightly smaller than the bread slices.
3. Meanwhile, melt 2 tablespoons butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add the onions and cook, stirring, until caramelized, about 20 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Combine the barbecue sauce and pulled pork in a saucepan over low heat and cook until warmed through, about 5 minutes.
5. Preheat the panini grill or griddle pan to medium-high heat.
6. Melt the remaining 2 tablespoons butter and brush on one side of each bread slice.
7. Flip over half of the bread slices; layer 1 slice of cheddar, 1 macaroni-and-cheese square and another slice of cheddar on each. Top each with one-quarter of the pulled pork and caramelized onions and another slice of cheddar.
8. Top with the remaining bread slices, buttered-side up.
Working in batches, cook the sandwiches until the cheese melts and the bread is golden, about 5 minutes.
So there you have it.. a perfect way to celebrate National Grilled Cheese Day!!
Savory or sweet.. throw it between some bread and love the shit out of it!!
*signing off with ooey gooey X's & O's*