For me, Fall is the best time of year! It means that the shorts and swim suits can be traded in for a cozy sweater and sexy boots. of course, fall FOOD is where I come in!
I am a serious sucker for a caramel apple, unfortunately they are not always the most group friendly or travel friendly food. So in this case, i was having friends over, and instead of making a caramel apple bar, i went for a sort of a nacho version!
Please enjoy and spread the word!
Caramel Apple Nachos
2 large or 3 Medium sized apples ( i used my fave, honey crisp)
1 container of caramel dip (from produce section) or 1 jar of caramel topping (ice cream section)
1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
1/2 cup of heavy cream (separated)
2 tsp White Sugar
1 tsp Vanilla
1/2 Cup walnuts
1. Slice Apples and arrange on plate
2. melt chocolate chips and 1/8 cup of heavy cream over a double boiler. Take off and let cool for a minute or two.
3. Drizzle the Chocolate over the apples.
4. Warm Caramel sauce (or dip) to a drizzable (my new word) consistancy and drizzle over apples, opposite direction of the chocolate you just did.
6. Dollop the whipped cream over the apples, chocolate and caramel.
7. Sprinkle the walnuts over entire dish.
Peanut Butter Chips instead of or in addition to the chocolate ones.
banana and strawberry pieces - banana split nachos!!
And there you have it!
Caramel Apple nachos.
You won't even have to thank me later... i'll take it now in advance!!
*signing off with caramel X's & O's*