Now, this is bigger deal than one might expect.. i mean what's Thanksgiving Dinner with out Thanksgiving Desert!?!?!
So instead of the regular ol' pumpkin pie... i went ahead and made a favorite of mine...and Paula's :)
Pumpkin Gingerbread Trifle
courtesy of Paula Deen- Food Network
- 2 (14-ounce) packages gingerbread mix
- 1 (5.1-ounce) box cook-and-serve vanilla pudding mix
- 1 (30-ounce) can pumpkin pie filling
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 (12-ounce) container frozen whipped topping
- 1/2 cup gingersnaps, optional
Bake the gingerbread according to the package directions; cool completely.
Meanwhile, prepare the pudding and set aside to cool. Stir the pumpkin pie filling, sugar, and cinnamon into the pudding once it has cooled.
Crumble 1 batch of gingerbread into the bottom of a large, pretty bowl. Trifle Bowl being ideal of course.
Pour 1/2 of the pudding mixture over the gingerbread, then add a layer of whipped topping.
Repeat with the remaining gingerbread,pudding, and whipped topping. Sprinkle of the top with crushed gingersnaps, if desired. Refrigerate overnight.
This is a super simple recipe and can be made ahead of time as well!!
xoxo and good eats!