I love phyllo... and if you don't know what it is... well lemme help ya out!!
The thing i probably like the most is the fact that it tastes like it's fried... but it's not!!
So yay on non fried ... fried tasting foods!! Now it's can be kind of a process working with phyllo... so don't be discouraged or frustrated... just be patient!
Spanakopita is a Greek style spinach and feta pie wrapped in light and flaky golden brown phyllo dough. The abundance of fresh herbs including dill as what truly makes this pie special.
(photo courtesy of google search)
2 pounds spinach, steamed, squeezed, drained and chopped
1cup feta, crumbled
1/4 cup dill, chopped
1/4 cup parsley, chopped
1/4 cup green onions, sliced
3 eggs, lightly beaten
salt and pepper to taste
1/4 cup olive oil
12 sheets phyllo dough
1. Mix the spinach, feta, dill, parsley, green onions, eggs, salt and pepper in a large bowl.
2. Brush the bottom of an 8x8 inch baking pan with olive oil.
3. Brush the top of a sheet of phyllo dough with olive oil and place it in the pan. (You may have to cut the phyllo dough to fit the pan.) Repeat until you have 6 layers.
4. Place the spinach mixture on top of the phyllo dough.
5. Brush the top of a sheet of phyllo dough with olive oil and place it on the spinach. Repeat until you have 6 layers.
6.Bake in a preheated 350F oven until golden brown on top, about 30-50 minutes.
Pull that B out and ENJOY!!!!
*signin off with X's & O's*