I go thru spurts of..what i like to eat...and by spurts i mean i will eat carne asada tacos every day for week or two... that's how I do ... so i feel i'm about ready to hit an asian kinda spurt... sushi.. pho and goodies of that nature... today though... I feel like some crab cheese wontons.. so i dug thru my old recipes and found this bit of a gem...
(since i'm not cooking right this second.. pic borrowed from HERE)
Crab and Cream Cheese Wontons
2 cups canola oil (for frying)
1. In a medium bowl, use a sturdy spoon to mix cream cheese, onions, fresh ginger, crab meat and salt.
2. Assemble the wontons: Place a wonton wrapper on a work surface.
3. Dip your finger in a bowl of water and then rub edges of the wonton wrapper to dampen.
4. Place a heaping teaspoonful of the crab mixure into the center of the wonton wrapper.
5. Fold the bottom corner of the wonton wrapper over the filling to meet the opposite corner (you'll end up with a triangle).
6. Press the edges lightly to seal. Bring the left and right corners up to the center and seal those together.
7. Place on a greased or parchment-lined baking sheet. Continue with remaining wonton wrappers- an assembly line of doing 3 or 4 at a time works well.
8. Heat oil in a medium to large saucepan over medium-high heat. Oil is hot enough when a drop of water flicked into the oil creates a crackling sound.
9. Fry wontons in hot oil until golden brown and crispy, about 3 to 4 minutes on each side. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate.
4. Serve immediately.
*I serve these with plum sauce or a sweet and sour sauce for dipping.
*signing off with a hungry tummy.. and X's & O's*