July 22, 2010

Life's a Mystery




There is no short cut to achievement. Life requires thorough preparation -- veneer isn't worth anything.

- George Washington Carver
  
I don't want to get to the end of my life and find that I lived just the length of it. I want to have lived the width of it as well.
- Diane Ackerman

May my heart always be open to little / birds who are the secrets of living
- e. e. cummings

Promise yourself to live your life as a revolution and not just a process of evolution.
- Anthony J. D'Angelo

I like living. I have sometimes been wildly, despairingly, acutely miserable, racked with sorrow, but through it all I still know quite certainly that just to be alive is a grand thing.
- Agatha Christie

You have to pay the price. You will find that everything in life exacts a price, and you will have to decide whether the price is worth the prize.
- Sam Nunn

Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards.

- Soren Kierkegaard

Life is a process. We are a process. The universe is a process.
- Anne Wilson Schaef

The good life is inspired by love and guided by knowledge.
- Bertrand Russell

Life has got to be lived -- that's all there is to it.
- Eleanor Roosevelt

Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?
- Mary Oliver

No comments: