I love a pot pie... in fact i don't know many people who don't, and since we have FINALLY approached cold weather and warm food season...i started out my fall culinary tour with this gem.
Hope you enjoy.. since i know you love pot pie and me!! LOL
What you need:
2 chicken breasts, cubed
1/2 cup onion, chopped
1/2 cup of chopped carrots
1/2 cup of chopped celery
1/2 pkg of sliced fresh mushrooms
2 cans cream of chicken soup
1/2 cup milk
1 box Pillsbury pie crusts
What you need to DO;
1. Preheat oven to 400°F degrees.
2. Sauté chicken and onions in a skillet with oil or butter until chicken is no longer pink inside.
3. Prepare one pie crust in 9" deep pie pan.
4. In separate bowl combine soup, onions, chicken, mushrooms, milk, carrots and celery.
5. Pour mixture into pie shell
6. Top with second pie crust, seal and cut a slit in top to release steam.
Bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
And i'll be damned if i can't find what it's supposed to look like after cook time..oh wait... hold UP!!
i look forward to YOU making your own version!!
*signing off with pot pie'd X's n O's*