Good shortbread is like a shot in the ass by Cupid,let me just tell you.
A sneaky cookie... shortbread's simplicity is the key to it's delicious success!!
Using simple but quality ingredients (no imitation extract please) will give your holiday SHORTbread a serious LONGevity!! lol
(photo courtesy of fine cooking.com)
Basic Shortbread Cookies
1 Cup Butter
1/2 Cup of sugar
2 1/4 Cups Flour
1 Tsp Almond Extract
1. Cream butter and add sugar gradually
2. Mix in Almond Extract and cream all ingredients thoroughly.
3. Add flour 1/4 cup at a time, making sure to incorporate well.
4. Divide dough into several portions
5. Flatten one portion at a time on a POWDERED SUGARED board. or flour.
6. Roll out each sectioned with lightly sugared (or floured) rolling pin.
7. cut into desired shapes (triangles or wedges) and place on ungreased cookie sheet pans.
8. Bake at 325°for 10-14 min. or golden brown around the edges.
9. cool on wire racks
And again, shortbread is the type of cookie that has many possible variations.
Orange Chocolate, Almond Cherry, Caraway Seeded... just go with what you love!!