I'm not talking about shoes or handbags.... both things i'd rather get from Neimans lol.. nope. I'm talking about the Lemon bar!! Yes, i know this is not a cookie.... but as a semi-lemon fan.. i have to say.. it's YUMMY!!
Give it a try, expand your horizons!!
(photo courtesy of cookeatshare.com)
NEIMAN MARCUS BARS
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup butter softened
1/4 cup powdered sugar
1 cup granulated sugar
2 tsp. grated lemon peel (optional)
2 tbls. lemon juice
1 tsp. lemon extract (if you like a lot of lemon flavor - but optional)
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix flour, butter, and powdered sugar together and press into 8x8x2 pan (or 9x9x2 pan) making sure to build up edges to about 1/2 inch. Place in oven and bake for 20 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, mix remaining ingredients together until creamy and light (about 3-4 minutes).
4. Pour over hot crust and return to oven for about 25 minutes or until center of bars do not leave an indention when lightly touched and sides begin to pull away from pan.
5. Remove from oven and allow to cool. Dust with a bit of powdered sugar and cut into squares.