February 16, 2011

The Inner Beauty Project and other Amazingness....


I am a huge Iman Woods fan... she has been an inspiration since i accidently fell on her page and work about a year ago. 
For Valentine's day, Iman came up with 'The Inner Beauty Project' in which women were encourage to write a love letter to themselves. Brilliant right? I was a little hesitant and didn't do a great job proofreading since i didn't wanna chicken out and not send it.... but it has turned out to be one of the most self inspiring and empowering things i have done in a long time!! I woke up the day after letter writing and was actually inspired to do my make-up and comb my hair... just to go to the grocery store!! Yes, there's an AWESOME prize that goes with the winning letter....one i would totally gnaw my right arm off for.... but the real prize was in reminding myself of what an awesome i am!! :) So below i give you the links to Iman's amazingness... and also to the inner Beauty Projects.. oh and also my own letter... maybe it prompt you to dig deep inside and remember YOUR awesomenes.... woman or not. My bestie is a guy and he said that he should do the same... You know... everyone needs a little boost sometimes!! 
SO enjoy...write a letter.... book a session... and love yourself super hard today!!
http://innerbeautyproject.blogspot.com/
http://imanwoods.blogspot.com/

Dear Des, 


Happy Valentine’s Day to my favorite face!! I think you need a love letter this year and I am so happy that I am the one that gets to send it to you!


First off, I want to tell you how very sorry I am for always being so hard on you and not giving you the love, attention and respect that you so obviously deserve. You have the strength of a thousand men and have proven time and time again that nothing and no one can bring you down or alter your course to the stars. When you were facing the darkest moments in your life, you searched and found the light and managed to keep on moving despite the adversity, the roadblocks, and the heartache. Seems like you have been picking yourself up by your (fashionable) boot straps for so long now that it almost seems like second nature to you I’m sure. I have watched you deal with the loss of a parent…. the tragedy of heartbreak…and the realization that not everything will work out the way you want, but it works out nonetheless. You carry your family’s problems and worries on your shoulders and have had to make inexplicably hard decisions in that area since you have always been deemed the ‘strong one’ and your family knows that in you, they have the strength and heart to make it through the toughest of times. I know that you have spent countless sleepless hours, which no one knows about, worrying about your family and friends; trying to please everyone…..Sometimes succeeding….Sometimes pleasing no one, but in any event, everything you do is always with the best of intentions and you need to remember that when no one else does. 


I’m sorry for feeding your mind with thoughts that you aren’t pretty enough or slim enough or smart enough or talented enough to do what you want and be who you are; when in all reality....you are so amazing!! I hate that when you look in the mirror you only see what you perceive as ‘wrong’ when there’s so much that is right.  I know you struggle with your outward appearance and have stopped going out and stopped searching for the spotlight because you don’t know how you would look under it. Sweetie, you radiate something that can’t be found in or seen by, the ordinary and when you walk in a room, people do notice. It’s in the eyes… always has been. Des, I have been a witness to your continued growth and evolvement over the last two years and I am so proud of the things that you have accomplished and are still working on. The Decadent Diva is such a great blog and I’m so glad you found your voice again!! Now use that voice..….find that spotlight and SHINE!! This year is your year, and I can’t wait to see what you bring to the world with the talents that God has seen so fit to bless you with. 


I know that sometimes you have been lonely and that only feeds your self esteem and self doubt, but you are loved by some pretty awesome people and you need to start allowing them love you, and accept and be comfortable with their compliments and sentiments, because you ARE worthy of them and please, never doubt that you are.  I’m glad you wised up about certain guys and have adjusted what you will accept in a relationship! That was a HUGE step for you and I only hope that you keep that in mind when allowing the next man in your life.  There will be someone who will not only love you for who you are today, but who sees the potential in who  you can be, and wants to journey there with you. Although for now, it’s more important for you to love yourself, so that when this man does walk into your life, you are ready. 
Just remember, there’s no reason to look back anymore because you have survived your past already… and it’s time to embrace your present and future. I love you and wish you the best in whatever you do and wherever you go.   You are my ROCKSTAR DIVA luv!! 
Des
"Give light, and the darkness will disappear of itself." - Desiderius Erasmus

No comments: